RESULT: Manhattan 14, Hartford 13 (2ot)
RECORDS: Hartford (Zero-Three); Manhattan (2-2)
LOCATION: Al-Marzook Subject at Alumni Stadium (West Hartford, Conn.)
PHOTO GALLERY (Steve McLaughlin)
Parker Giarratana discovered the again of the web for the fifth time on the afternoon, scoring 50 seconds in to the second extra time interval to steer visiting Manhattan previous the College of Hartford males’s lacrosse workforce in a 14-13 slugfest on Tuesday afternoon. The attackman added two assists within the contest to complete with a game-high seven factors because the Jaspers snapped Hartford’s three-game profitable streak within the collection at Al-Marzook Area.
Junior Griffin Feiner was one in every of three Hawks to internet a hat trick, including two assists to steer the staff with 5 factors. Classmate Justin Huggins and sophomore Dylan Jinks additionally tallied three objectives within the defeat for Hartford.
THE TURNING POINT:
Feiner and Brown offered the Hawks with a two-goal cushion heading down the stretch, delivering a pair of strikes inside a 67-second stretch to provide Hartford a 13-11 edge with 2:27 left. However that lead was spoiled by Giarratana, as he scored with 2:20 remaining earlier than putting once more with the equalizer with simply two seconds to go in regulation. Regardless of 4 high quality seems to be in extra time, the Hawks have been unable to capitalize for the go-ahead objective, setting the scene for Giarratana’s game-winner with Three:10 left within the second extra time session.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Hartford’s offense was rolling early, because the Hawks jumped out to a 7-2 lead with 10:23 left within the second quarter. Jinks contributed the primary two objectives of the sport, whereas Henderson offered the Hawks with their largest lead of the afternoon together with his second objective of the season within the opening a part of the second.
- The Jaspers clawed again within the recreation, scoring 4 unanswered inside a four-minute stretch to tug inside one (7-6) with 2:31 to go earlier than halftime. Stopping the run with a Jinks aim – his third of the sport – with 1:44 remaining, the Hawks regained a three-goal edge within the early minutes of the third, following a marker from Feiner.
- That edge was not sufficient, although, as Manhattan put collectively one other run. 4 totally different gamers contributed to a Four-Zero spurt, with Matt Garvey giving the Jaspers their first lead of the afternoon, 10-9, within the ultimate minute of the third.
- With 9:02 remaining in regulation, Hartford, which confronted an 11-10 deficit, rallied for three-straight objectives to regain the sting. Huggins began the spurt, tying up the sport at 11-all with eight:13 left earlier than Feiner and Brown every scored inside a 67-second stretch.
- The 2-goal cushion was once more not sufficient, as Giarratana got here up big for Manhattan within the closing minutes. Pulling the Jaspers inside one with 2:20 left, he discovered the again of the web with two seconds to go to tie issues up. The Hawks held the upperhand throughout the whole first extra time interval, however it was Manhattan that prevailed within the second. Following a pricey Hartford turnover out of a faceoff win, the Jaspers referred to as for timeout earlier than Giarratana propelled the visiting workforce to the win with Three:10 left on the clock.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Hartford held an edge in photographs (45-41), together with a Four-1 benefit within the first additional time session. The Hawks, who additionally held benefits in floor balls (33-23) and faceoff wins (19-11), went 12-of-13 in clears.
- Protesto went 18-for-28 on the X, recording a season-high 12 floor balls.
- Quinn posted a profession excessive in saves on Tuesday, ending with 13. Zingaro, his counterpart, collected 12 stops for the Jaspers as each side got here up with some spectacular saves between the pipes.
- Biondi, Brown, Hnederson and Dulin rounded out the scoring for the Hawks whereas Garvey added three objectives for Manhattan.
NEXT ON TAP:
The ultimate date of Hartford’s two-game homestand pits the Hawks up towards Jacksonville on Saturday, March Four. The primary-ever assembly between the Hawks and Dolphins is slated to start at 12 midday.